Monday, August 13, 2007

"The Frug" by Rilo Kiley

I'm back, I have medicine, and I'm going to settle in now to watch a whole bunch of House episodes on DVD. While I'm doing that (and having a BLAST), here's a music video for a song I'd wager you haven't heard in quite a while:

Isn't it weird that this is the "official" video from that kind of not-good Christina Ricci movie Desert Blue. That movie hasn't crossed my, or anyone else's, mind in like ten years, and yet Rilo Kiley are still kicking out the jams on a semi-regular basis.

Er... right?

I know Jenny Lewis is doing other projects right now, too. Look, my point is, I'm not terribly up on what's going on in the world of music and I'm currently gooned on antibiotics and liquor. Because that's what you do when you're sick.

Oh, also, Jenny Lewis is so adorable, it makes me want to punch myself in the face. That could, of course, just be a side effect of the drugs. Hm... well, on to House.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, she was great in The Wizard. The greatest movie about Nintendo starring Fred Savage in the history of film.

God... that Lucas kid was such a prick with his power glove thinking he was all cool... I hate him sooo much.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Alienwhere said...

I love love LOVE this band. And Jenny is freaking adorable. I'm mopping up my bloody gums right now. Clinton, it looks like she has the same effect on me...

5:48 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Scott... Not to mention "Troop Beverly Hills." And yeah, fuck Lucas. Although I still want a Power Glove so bad it's like I have to take a dump.

Alienwhere... It's weird, I've known about Rilo Kiley for a bajillion years, but for some reason I'm just *now* getting really into them. And anyone who is not moved to self-abuse (in whatever form they choose) by Jenny Lewis... well... they're probably dead or mostly there.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont bother... my buddy had one and it sucked so bad we ended up cutting the cord off and playing Robocop with it.... on second thought, thats more fun anyways. Get one ASAP!

11:34 PM  
Blogger ellagood said...

i am dying to go to an old school nintendo party complete with a power glove and R.O.B.

who can host?

i'll bring ecto-cooler.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

'execution of all things' is still a favorite album of mine.

jenny lewis is so adorable, i'll punch ANYONE in the face.

12:20 AM  
Blogger blythe said...

more adventurous plays in my car about 4 times per leg of the ol' commute. seriously, it's som of RK's best work.

10:01 AM  
Blogger d said...

they've got a new album coming out in a month. check out 'money maker' in all of it's fergie-ess glory.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home