Thursday, August 09, 2007

Worth Your Valuable Time



Anyone here a big fan of bleak, horrifying fiction that makes you feel like absolute crap by the time you're finished? Anyone...???

Well, should you change your minds (you pansies), please do give The Ruins a look-see. It's, as I said, bleak and horrifying, but in an I-can't-stop-reading-even-though-I-feel-like-vomiting sort of way. I don't want to be Capt. Spoiler, so all I'll say about the plot is this: Six college kids, while on vacation in Cancun, decide to tromp through the deep, dark jungle in search of some ancient and abandoned ruins. It gets ugly, quickly, and all due to a very unlikely source.

So, yeah... if you're in really good place, mentally, and things are all sunshine and peach cobbler for you these days, you should totally check this book out. Everyone hates your cheeriness and, believe me, there are worse ways to help you turn it down a notch.

6 Comments:

Blogger lioux said...

When I first saw that book cover I thought it read THE RUNS!!!

Seriously.

3:01 PM  
Blogger d said...

if it's anything like 'a simple plan' it's outstanding.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

I was a big fan of "I'd Do Anything" but not "I'm Just a Kid".

10:00 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Is it good or bad that I had to google that to know what you were talking about?

9:07 AM  
Blogger emily said...

Ah, my fellow Texan - "sunshine and peach cobbler" made me laugh. Did your grandmother make homemade peach cobbler for every special occasion, too??

9:26 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Cobbler, yes. Peach, no. Her fruit of choice were blackberries. Otherwise, yeah... every family gathering.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home