Monday, July 23, 2007

Worth Your Valuable Time



Because there's nothing hotter than a blood-soaked prom dress.



What?

You want more reasons???

Dude, it's a gross, rainy Monday and I haven't eaten lunch yet; my brain is just barely functioning at a level that's keeping my respiratory system up and running. Just trust me, Carrie is way better than you remember, Sissy Spacek is uh-mazing, and you'll walk away feeling really shitty about ever being mean to someone back in high school. Because that's what the movie is about... not telekinetic powers, not crazy religious moms, not even the aforementioned hotness of a blood-soaked prom dress (though it is awesome). Carrie is about the cruelty of teenagers, and what happens when that cruelty is directed at the wrong person. Heavy stuff, a cinematic punch in the gut, and so worth your valuable time, you should already be Netflixing it.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do a damn fine Piper Laurie 'they're all gonna laugh at you' imitation and I'm always surprised when people don't get the reference...

3:31 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Awesome. I've been shouting "Eve was weak!!!" at Girlfriend all weekend. Which she totally appreciates, I'm sure.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Sally Tomato said...

What I'm wondering is when are they going to do the Carrie/Coal Miner's Daughter mashup?

3:56 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

This is one of my favorite horror flicks.

"Everyone can see your dirty pillows", "They're called breasts mama"

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how great is it that i was watching this movie over the weekend?

i'm also waiting for the carrie/coal miner's daughter mashup. they just need to do it already.

4:24 PM  
Blogger blythe said...

know what? i don't like carrie. there. i said it.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

You know, I have never seen 'Carrie'.

And I actually have no desire to.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Ross said...

Didn't they do a "new" Carrie for television a few years ago? I never saw the original or the "new" one. I'm not a big scary movie person. Big baby...that's me!

7:33 PM  
Blogger beep said...

So, the moral of Carrie was...wear a tampon and you won't get telekinesis powers?

"And the first sin was intercourse mama!"

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home