Monday, July 23, 2007

The Man-Crush Report

NOTE: Despite the fact that I'm heterosexual and have a girlfriend whom I've been dating for two years this coming Tuesday, I will from time-to-time develop what's known as a"man-crush" on certain celebrities who are... how shall I put this...? Ah, I know, "who are ridiculous studs." Rarely is it someone typical... a George Clooney or a Peyton Manning or whomever is comparably at the top of their game. Nope, C-dog's taste in men tends to be a little left of center (or, in one of the below cases, right of center). So without further explanation, here's the current crop of...

C-Dog's Man-Crushes: July Edition

Gordon Ramsay



Occupation: Chef, Reality Show Host/Judge, Sexy Bully
Why I'd Go Gay For Him: The man just oozes masculinity, which is a quality that I find attractive seeing as how my lifelong love of musicals and the various theatrical arts has left me with an inability to ooze much of anything other than a faint whiff of, "are you sure you wouldn't be more comfortable in a pretty, pretty dress?" Ramsay also swears a lot, cooks amazing food (or so I hear; I certainly can't afford to eat in his restaurants), and has absolutely no compunction with regards to telling people exactly what's on his mind. Some, I think, see him as a mean, awful person who lives only to tear down the psyches of others. That's not quite it. While he does yell and scream and have, at times, unreasonably harsh standards, it's all because he never stops striving for the best in everything and anything on which he stamps his name. He bullies because he cares, and that's what makes him my kind of guy. Also, I get the impression that he's got just an enormous wang. Call it a hunch.

Shawn Green



Occupation: Right-Fielder (NY Mets)
Why I'd Go Gay For Him: Besides the fact that he's easy on the eyes, I'm not 100% sure why I dig the man so. He's a good ballplayer, for sure, but he's not, nor ever will be, a superstar. Though maybe that's it... maybe it's the consistency that I like; his good fielding, his generally above average BA (currently .271, but it's been higher this season), his occasional moments of glory, such as the walk-off home run in the bottom of the 11th against the St. Louis Cardinals. I tend to always root for the team or the player that isn't constantly in the spotlight, if only because it's that much sweeter when they manage to shoulder their way into the public's consciousness every now and again, and I'm sure that that's why he's on my list. It should also be noted that Shawn Green is one of the very few Major League baseball players that is of the Jewish faith. I don't think this particularly has anything to do with my man-crushiness, but it's still worth mentioning all the same.

Chris Hansen

Occupation: Television Host, Perv-Buster
Why I'd Go Gay For Him: He's handsome in a Troy McClure sort of way, but that's not the reason why he makes me totally want to consider a lifestyle change. No, it's because the man has absolutely got the biggest set of clanking, swinging, brass balls I've ever seen. Metaphorically, of course. Chris Hansen's job is to walk up to people and call them out, on camera, for wanting to molest children. Sound easy? I'm positive that it's not. I know that, personally, I have a hard enough time confronting a co-worker when they've stolen my soda out of the communal fridge; I can only extrapolate that my queasy uncomfortableness in that situation would reach epic heights of spazzing out were I also to inform my co-worker that I knew he was intending to drink that soda, then go attempt to have sex with a thirteen year old girl. I don't know how he does it, but I do know that I want him to always handle any sort of confrontation for me, forever.

14 Comments:

Blogger Sally Tomato said...

OMG! I have a total crush on Ramsay. Not due to his US shows, but his UK show 'The F Word'. Saw it in Scotland and fell in love with the dude. Yes, he's totally totally hot.

10:39 AM  
Blogger stew said...

ooh I love the way Chris Hansen starts out the perv chat, like "are those peanut M&M's?" and the pervert is like, "yeah, M&Ms" like it's a normal cocktail party except it has sex with kids in it. He has THAT much charm. I approve this man-crush. I can suggest a way you could meet him, but it is illegal and it requires a working knowledge of Avril Lavigne songs. And a chat program.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Irish and Jew said...

i like your taste ;)

-Jew

12:36 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Tomato... Yeah, The F Word is great too (BBC-America is where I've seen it). I'm really into the Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares show that they're airing on Thursday nights.

Stewpid... I just can't imagine walking up to people and being all, "You're a perv, perv!!!" I guess I was raised to be more polite than that. Not that he's impolite... not at all. He's dreamy.

Jew... Thanks! My taste likes you. Or something.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

You could totally hit that. All of that.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The man crush is a well known thing... Seinfled talked about the man crush... so you know it's kosher...

I've recently discovered a dude that I'd go gay for... I'm not sure what his name is, so I can't have that much of a crush on him...
but it's the peice of meat from the discovery channel. His show is called Man vs Wild, and he totally rips it up surviving on just the world around him... getting out of quicksand, killing and eating pirranahs...
"what a man, what a man, what I might good man" thanks Salt 'N Peppa.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, Have to agree with you on Chris Hanson

2:44 PM  
Blogger blythe said...

anthony bourdain trumps gordon ramsay. but i think gordon is more likely to be caught by chris hansen.

and CJ, you're talking about bear grylls - sexiest man on earth. go gay. go all the way.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

BrookLyn Gal... If the opportunity presents it's self, hey why not? Shawn Green would probably be the easiest; I do know exactly where he's going to be for most of the nights during baseball season.

CJ... Girlfriend is totally in love with him too. That Britishness and the manliness is an unbeatable combo.

Midwesterner... He's just so damn... unflappable, I guess.

Blythe... With Anthony Bourdain, love him though I do, I'd always feel like I was going to catch something.

3:37 PM  
Blogger blythe said...

yes, but something delicious.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

I'm Troy McClure, and you might remember me from such self-help clips as 'Smoke Yourself Thin', and 'Get Confident, Stupid!'.

5:34 PM  
Blogger dmbmeg said...

wright over green. reyes over wright.

Joe Mauer over them all.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Meg, don't hate on the Green!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, Bear Grylls...

his fucking name is bear! How can you not have a crush on that dude?

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home