Monday, May 14, 2007

Doomwatch '07: UPDATE #3

I should admit up front that my enthusiasm for Doomwatch '07 has flagged a bit in the last couple of hours. I've gotten busy with the invoices here at the job and also I've grown weary of the pop-up ads on CNN's website that present themselves every time I hit "refresh." Not to mention the fact that I've recently gotten quite distracted by a delicious Blow Pop that I found while digging around in my book bag.

In fact, I'd count "finding a Blow Pop" as a definite sign that things are looking up. I mean, it certainly isn't a bad thing. Unless... you know... you don't like Blow Pops. Even then, though, it'd just be a mild nuisance to find Blow Pops in your bookbag; not really anything worth calling the local news about.

So, I don't know. Maybe all this worry and bother was for nothing.

Then again, there is this, which I think has got to mean something on a larger scale. But what, I ask you? What?

11 Comments:

Blogger stew said...

um, c-dawg, what's the best way to clean vomit from a keyboard??

3:25 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Yeah, I probably should have given everybody some warning about that link. That's a "my bad," kids.

Oh, and try a damp rag.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe this is the doom you're feeling -- we all have high blood pressure and are going to simultaneously explode or something...? Looks kinda vaguely ominous, maybe.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Eh... maybe... I was kinda hoping for something at least a LITTLE more exciting than that, but whatever.

I'm going to see if I can find another Blow Pop.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could it be that Daimler-Chrysler is being bought by a group that just happens to be named after a multi-headed demon dog thing? *shrug*

3:39 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

While the bit about "Cerberus" is nicely ominous and creepy, I don't think that's the source of my wary feelings.

Which, by the way, are now mostly gone. Unless something huge happens in the next hour or so, I'm thinking I'm going to chalk this all up to random neuron misfiring in my brain and leave it at that.

4:00 PM  
Blogger lioux said...

Thank you for all this continuing coverage on Doomwatch '07.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Oh it's no trouble. I thought it would be a nice change of pace to document a whole day's worth of my mental instability.

Plus, I like to keep everyone informed; makes me feel like I'm helping!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

We call them Rocky Mountain Oysters here in Colorado.

5:07 PM  
Blogger stew said...

is anyone else kind of disappointed? I feel like staging some sort of apocalyptic event just to keep the momentum going. the doomy feeling couldn't have been fried balls.

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was pretty exciting, even if nothing has happened (...YET!).

I fully anticipate an announcement in the coming months that Cerberus' parent company is Umbrella Corp. *nods*

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home