Monday, May 14, 2007

Doomwatch '07: UPDATE #1

As of yet, there has been nothing of note.

My computer's mouse broke and I had to call tech support to get a new one, but that's hardly cause for alarm. Also, I spilled a bit of coffee on an invoice, forcing me to reprint it but, again, nothing heart-stoppingly tragic. Nonetheless, I've been vigilantly scouring the internet-based news sources all morning and, truthfully, it's been pretty slim pickings. The closest thing I've found that could be construed as a portent of doom is this.

And that's really more creepy than anything else.

So... so far, so good. Not that I'm resting on my laurels or anything. No sleeping on the job here. Consider me back up on that wall, rifle in hand (metaphorically, of course), keeping watch over the nation and, by proxy, all of you good, pleasant-looking and friendly people.

Don't thank me yet, though. We've still a long way to go.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Just dont get in a car today, good chance you will get in a wreck. You will survive the wreck, but your passenger will squeeze your nose shut until you die.

12:16 PM  
Blogger lioux said...

And don't go home and let the terrorists win!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Midwesterner... That's the best movie death that has yet to be filmed. Also, I'll be sure to avoid getting into a car with a homicidal passenger. Should be easy, since I can't afford a cab and I don't know anyone with a car.

Lioux... Those terrorists won't get the best of me, by gum! I'm-a stayin' put! Get off-a my land!!!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's the best movie death that has yet to be filmed.

Yet to? You did not see The Soprano's last night did you?

12:40 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Ah. Um, no. Sorry. I am poor and am HBO-less. I assume someone was "whacked" in such a fashion?

12:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

indeed

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home