Wednesday, April 11, 2007

French + Mario = Tolerably Ironic Magic

I try really hard most of the time to lay off the irony, but sometimes my love of old video games, plus my apparently still-working knowledge of High School French quite simply gets the better of me:



Fucking love it! It's a weird juxtaposition of two different facets of things I know about and it makes me smile like I just won a lottery where the grand prize is a lifetime supply of happiness.

Buy it on a T-Shirt at Threadless. And no, I'm not being paid to say that. They're that awesome.

11 Comments:

Blogger FrancesDanger said...

Hey, didn't that used to be an old MTV commercial? And yes, Threadless rocks.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

...MTV commercials... that rings like a really, really faint bell. Please, for to elaborate.

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Threadless is made of awesomeness.

9:05 AM  
Blogger lioux said...

J'ai pris le français dans le collège aussi.

Fascinant.

Threadless a vraiment quelques tees impressionnants.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Giggleloop... Or is awesomeness made of Threadless??? Ooooh, I just blew your MIND!!!!

Lioux... Oui.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

I am enjoying this TAMBIEN. Spanish is way less jerky than French.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Despite the fact that I grew up in Texas, where learing Spanish would've actually been an asset, I ended up taking French all the way through high school. Of course, I had my reasons... I had the hots for one of the girls in my French class. Which is as good a reason as any to learn another language.

Also, mmmm... jerky.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

This post sounds like learnin.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Learnin'? Not around these parts.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

My favorite French expression?

'Incroyable, mais vrai!'

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You TOTALLY blew my mind! I might have to leave work early now! DAMN! :)

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home