Thursday, January 25, 2007

Valentine's Day Just Got Classy

Words fail me. Just... look.

I can't decide if this is the most hilarious thing in the world, or if it's the saddest thing that's ever happened to the idea of romance since we all had to start asking "Have you been tested?" before we'll even consider buying a cute girl or guy a drink.

I'd really like to think that the only people that would actually take part in this would be hipsters doing it ironically, just for a laugh, but... were I to actually go there myself... if there were people there doing it sincerely... I'm pretty sure I'd just cry and cry and cry. The other thing to consider is that it says they're going to have "waiters" there; I'm assuming they're just going to make the White Castle employees come out from behind the counter. I don't know how it is in the rest of the world but, when I think of the New York White Castle employees, the words "a romantic evening" don't exactly spring to mind. The word "sullen," however, does.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan T said...

Nothing says romance like "a sack of fries."
And why would I need a server at White Castle? So I can snap my fingers and say, "Garcon! Another sack of fries...and for gods sake, more onions!"

12:07 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

"Nothing says romance like 'a sack of fries.'"

I want that on a t-shirt. Like now.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm kind of curious about these sex toys that they alude to.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

It's a bottle of lube that smells like ketchup.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband and I have actually always meant to go to that, but it usually gets booked up as soon as they announce it (you have to make reservations).

What can I say, we don't have much in the way of entertainment here in the Midwest. We have to make our own fun.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home