Monday, January 08, 2007

Joined For Life

Couldn't sleep last night and, while traversing the darkened landscape that is television after midnight, I came across a show on The Learning Channel called Joined For Life: Abby and Brittany Turn 16. It's about two 16-year-old girls, sisters, who look like this:



They're conjoined twins and their story is remarkable not because of that fact, but because they're so unbelievably normal, despite their... what do you even call it? It's not a disability; they can drive a car (they've just turned 16), they play softball, they swim and ride a bike. Disability doesn't seem like much of a fair assessment. In truth, they're just a couple of average sixteen-year-old girls, with all that that implies. They just happen to share the same legs, torso and limbs (they've got their own hearts and brains, just FYI).

Anyway, this program's got the ZFS! official stamp of approval: It's Quality-tastic!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this!!!!! And it creeped me the fuck out!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

I know, right? I couldn't stop watching it. Really amazing.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they really needed to do an episode of MY SUPER SWEET 32.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

How sad is it that I had to wait about twenty seconds while I did the math in my head before I got that joke. I am a moron.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home