Friday, November 10, 2006

My LA Woman

My girlfriend is totally famous.

I mean, she's not Britney Spears famous, thank god, because that would make me a lot more like Kevin Federline than I'm entirely comfortable being (I'm still a little uneasy that he and I are both biologically male). But I digress... Yes, it seems that my girl has gone coast-to-coast. As you may remember, a few weeks ago my girlfriend was assaulted by a student at the school where she teaches. We got through it of course, because Em is a ridiculously strong person and because I'm really good at pretending to be a strong person.

During all of this, her story was picked up by an apparently well-trafficed blog called NYC Educator. We were thrilled, of course, because that meant, if nothing else, that people were paying attention to this sort of thing and were actually concerned. The show of support was really awesome, from teachers and non-teachers alike, and even though it was my girlfriend that people really cared about, they were all very nice to me too.

Well, it seems today that we've reached another level of notoriety. Last night, Em's blog post was picked up, via NYC Educator, by the LA Times.

Hollywood, here she comes. I'll be the one bouncing off the pavement on Sunset Boulevard, hanging on to her coattails. For real, though, this is pretty incredible. So proud, me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Daddy said...

Wow. That sucks. Teachers are seriously undervalued with all the shite they have to deal with.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home