Thursday, November 09, 2006

Curiously Delicous

Omigod... I just popped a mint boner.

Brief anecdote to explain why this excites me so: When I was in High School, I agreed to work as the assistant stage manager for my school's production of Annie, Get Your Gun. As this was a fairly lavish production (as least as far as high school theater goes), I was really stressed and the only thing that kept me tethered to reality was a constant, never-ending stream of obsessive Altoid crunching. The extreme levels of peppermint oil coursing through my veins powered me through numerous set changes, equipment failures and on-stage motorcycle riding (for reals) and still left me with enough energy to make out with my girlfriend during intermission. On opening night, I consumed three tins of Altoids in a four-hour period. This, by the way, was before I discovered the magic of booze.

Anyway, I had pleasantly fresh breath until graduation and, ever since then I've been a slavering mint addict. New mutations of the Altoid formula such as this are greeted in my house like the birth of a new baby and this, this chocolate-covered tablet of joy, has the potential to be my most favored child.

It will certaintly be better than the Licorice Altoids. Though that's not saying much, I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Daddy said...

Holey moishe! Three tins of Altoids?

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home