Tuesday, November 07, 2006

UPDATE: The Worst Opening Act Ever

So, I reread the last post a few minutes ago and now I feel kinda bad. I'm thinking I was perhaps a little too harsh on The Mike Doughty Band. No, my opinion on the show hasn't changed, but I'm also really not a fan of sounding like a bitter crank and that, unquestionably, is how the last post made me sound. Also, apparently, I'm a bit off base:

Commenter mmyers said...

"I played with Doughty at a show called Monsters of Folk in the late 90s. He was super nice to me. He did an acoustic solo set and was pretty great. Just thought I should take counter-point on this one. "

I know, grand scheme, it doesn't really matter what I say about a given band, not to mention that I'm fairly certain nobody takes me seriously anyway, but still, for what it's worth:

An Apology to The Mike Doughty Band:

Mike Doughty, I'm sorry that I called you a twat and said you looked like Phil Collins with Downs Syndrome. That wasn't very nice or very fair. I stand by my convictions that your music was almost entirely unlistenable, but personal attacks are the sign of a lazy writer and, for that, I suck. Again, sorry about that and... I guess keep rockin', if that's what you want to call it. Okay, that was pretty condescending... sorry for that too. Best of luck in all your endeavors. Just... you know... enough with the guitar player crouch thingy. Seriously, it's making us all uncomfortable.

Ugh, okay I'm going to stop trying to be apologetic because I don't do it all that well, it seems. This is doing nothing for my claims that I'm not a mean, hateful person. Best to leave off now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. C said...

Dude, did you know your blogspot profile says that you are Stephen King?

Was that a typo...or do you have something you need to come clean about?

4:39 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

I was trying to make a joke but... well... I'm not very funny. So understandably there's been some confusion.

Also, I AM Stephen King.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! Nah, Clinton, I thought you had some valid points about Doughty musically (he gets repetitive really easily and he's super nasally) but I wanted to add that he seemed like a nice guy. Also, I always thought it was pretty pretentious that he went by "M" Doughty in Soul Coughing...then I realized that I actually go by 'mmyers'. How's the saying go?
"I once complained about having no no shoes until someone beat me up with one."

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home