Sunday, November 05, 2006

Notes From a Lazy Weekend

I've done almost nothing the last three days and it's been an experience I can only equate with losing one's virginity or stumbling upon a large box of money out in the woods;Unbridled excitement mixed with the heady rush of free-falling out of an airplane, all covered in a thick gloss of luxurious torpor rarely found outside of F. Scott Fitzgerald novels. Needless to say, it's been a great ride.

So, herewith, my notes:

-Budweiser tastes sweeter than regular beer. I've done extensive tests on it this weekend and I'm now certain that this is true. I'm also certain that I'm drunk.

-A room with both a fully-functioning radiator and a window cracked just enough to allow a fistfull of icy wind inside is the perfect environment for laying around under a thick blanket in your boxers and reading books about rock and roll. The interplay of heat and cold, naked skin and blanket, a sleepy brain and some slightly-pretentious musical criticism is something that should be bottled, marketed and sold to people who routinely are told to "just chill, man."

-Our one outing of the weekend was to Macy's so that my girlfriend could purchase a birthday present for a friend. Macy's, despite whatever role it might play in the nation's mythologizing of New York, is a hateful maze of unhelpful service, over-priced socks and tourists that stop in the middle of the aisles to go, "Wow-wee!!!" It's an evil, mean store that want's only the money you leave on the dresser after it's roughly had it's way with you. It will cut you if you look at it crossways. It goes without saying that I did not enjoy my time spent shopping in Macy's.

-Garlic Lime Chicken, made by my girlfriend, is fantastic. The skin snaps when you bite into it and it's insides are moist and tender like a 70's folk song.

-Despite my lay-about ways this weekend, it's become very apparent that I've lost the ability to sleep late. Not sure when this happened, though I suspect that it was sometime after I got a "real job" and stopped working at divey video stores that didn't require my presence before 5pm. At any rate, I've started waking up, almost without fail, somewhere after 8 but certaintly before 9 and I think this is criminally, horribly unfair.

That's all for now. Too lazy to go on. More... later... maybe... ooh, Cheez-Its....

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Daddy said...

Macy's always used to douse me in cologne, while passing through. They made me smell like a French whore. And now they're going national!

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home