Monday, January 19, 2009

UPDATE: Due to a scheduling issue, and because it was snowing really hard, and also I was kind of nappish, we ended up NOT going to see My Bloody Valentine 3D. Whatever, though, we'll see it this week sometime. I assume all three dimension will still be there and if not I'll just burn the place down. As that is how I roll

-----------------------------------------------------

Not feeling especially bloggy this morning; maybe it's the grey-ness of the weather or the laziness of a Monday holiday (not that it matters in my case; when you're unemployed, EVERY day's a holiday!), dunno, I can't really pin it down. What I do know is that the ol' well of creative juices is, for the moment, dry as... you know... something really dry. You see my point?

HOWEVER, there is hope on the horizon. Later on today, we are finally going to check out My Bloody Valentine 3D and, when that's done, I'm sure I'll have just loads to talk about. One way or the other.

Until then, here's a song that I've had stuck in my head for the past week like a piece of radio-friendly pop shrapnel:

WARNING: 90's Nostalgia Ahead; Wear A Cup

4 Comments:

Blogger Clinton said...

Side Note: Remember when those douchey knit caps were all the rage? They made us all look like longshoremen with cancer. Just another crime against humanity that MTV will one day have to answer for...

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOA. You warned me, but I was not prepared for the incredible amount of Nostalgia coming out of that video.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

I know, right? That song is like an off-the-ropes flying elbow of 90s-era nostalgia. It hurts, that video.

Additional Side Note: These chuckleheads were responsible for one of the worst concerts I've ever been to. Although, to be fair, it wasn't actually their fault. They played at Six Flags in Arlington in, like, late 97-early 98 and, because I had a friend who worked there, my girlfriend and I at the time got free tickets, even though we only knew one song (the video I posted). Unfortunantly, we were attending the concert with an audiance comprised of THE BIGGEST SISTER HAZEL FANS IN THE WORLD. A grim bunch, to be sure.

They were all having so much fun; it was clearly the culmination of their life's fandom. The whole thing was a turn-off. We ended up not even watching the band, choosing instead to watch this dude a few rows up who was extremely white, extremely dorky, dressed all in blue-and-yellow plaid, who danced like a fucking maniac to every song. Ten years later and I still remember how sad that spazz made me feel.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw My Bloody Valentine this weekend and...well, I won't ruin it for you.

Always thought that this was Blues Traveler on an off day. Huh.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home