Tuesday, December 04, 2007

"Fake Empire" by The National

It's freezing in New York right now, I've got a ton of work to do, and I'm kind of gloomy due to a bunch of bullshit that's not interesting to anyone at all. This situation, of course, calls for chilly, gloomy music to fit my mood (and yours, I assume) whilst I input invoices and wish that I had something other than a Beef flavored Cup Noodles for lunch:

This band is totally the shit, by the way. Their most recent album, "The Boxer," makes me want to go back and time and threaten my ten-year-old self into taking music lessons.

Oh, I lied, I also have crackers. Yum... crackers...

NOTE: This version, taken (obviously) from a Late Show broadcast, is the only version of this song that I could find where the audio wasn't ass-y. At the end of the clip, Letterman is carrying around the Super Bowl trophy while he greets the band, which I find amusing.

6 Comments:

Blogger blythe said...

you know that you single handedly turned me onto them, right? if there's some secret music code where now i owe you some favor that might or might not include my own life, first born or the last pabst i suppose i would oblige.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

I didn't know that, but that's cool. As payment, you must now turn me on to a band of equal or greater awesomeness. So get on that... chop, chop.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Hey C-Dawg,

Since you were/are[?] a fan of Rell Big Fish, I have two presents for you here and here.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Reel Big Fish I mean.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Gracias, Big Daddy! I'd heard the Love Boat one before, but the Xmas one was new to me.

4:25 PM  
Blogger i like cheese said...

My dirty little secret is that I am OBSESSED with the National.
There. I said it.

By the way, if you love "The Boxer", then you must listen to "Alligator", which is the most amazing cd of all time. Seriously.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home