Sunday, December 16, 2007

And We're Drunk... I Mean *Back*

So I'm once again firmly ensconced in the warm, glowing, warming glow that is Brooklyn, NY. At least for the next seven days. Then it's more packing, more hustling to the airport, more flights across the country, more stop-overs in cities that I'd never visit otherwise, despite the fact I have relatives that live there (just kidding, ZFS! loves you, Atlanta), more time spent in Texas, more time with my family, whom I've just spent an inordinate amount of time with while doing all manner of funeral-related crapola, etc...

In short, big fun lies ahead. And I say that with only the barest trace of weary resignation.

I'll level with you, kids... C-dog isn't having the best Holiday Season. I try to be Mr. Happy-G0-Lucky, I try to be the dancing clown juggling puppies and Muppets, I try to never let them see me sweat, as it were, but this year... yikes, I don't know. Things is rough.

There's the whole "Grandmother dying," thing, of course. Major bummer. But there's other stuff, too... scary stuff. Stuff that involves werewolves and the government, and some terrifying secrets that I've learned about the true contents of Snickers bars and...

Well, I've already said too much.

The point is, this blog is just about the only respite that I've got; the only rock of silliness that I can stand firmly upon amongst all the real-life seriousness that surrounds me. And rest assured, faithful, pleasant, good-looking readers, as I stand here on this rock, proudly and with unnaturally attractive features, as God (or whomever) as my witness... know... know... that I'll be mooning all that can see me.

Because that's how C-dog rolls. More tomorrow, kids; good things begin anew!

NOTE: If this doesn't make sense, blame...




...because I've had an awful lot of it this evening. Drinking wonderfully kills the pain!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger i i eee said...

Sorry for the difficult holiday season. Not the best time of year to be dealing with a death...although I can't imagine that any time of the year would be the "best time."

As long as it doesn't affect your blogging, or your sense of humor, keep boozing it up, I say. :)

4:04 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

iieee... That's just the sort of encouragment I need! Thanks, yo.

10:43 AM  
Blogger stew said...

it's a margarine AND a whiskey!

um, that's supposed to be retro-funny. Pass the booze, please.

And I'm sorry, C-Dog, that your holiday sucketh but we LOVE you and we LOVE zfs and we LOVE fart jokes and we hope you feel better soon. And when I say "we," I mean my entire Filipino prison. Gotta go -- "Thriller" practice...

6:20 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Fleischmann's is also a yeast.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home