Tuesday, May 22, 2007

"Pop Goes The World" by Men Without Hats

Morning, kids.

I trust everyone had a restful Monday night. Perhaps you settled in with a good book, your favorite cat at your feet, and maybe a glass of wine, since the Reader's Digest said it's good for the heart. Or did you finally get to all that needlepoint that's been laying about your apartment, mixing in with your half-hooked woolly afghans and partially completed mosaics of crucifixion scenes? Well, whatever the case, I hope it was a pleasant, quiet, non-threatening evening and may I suggest that tonight you go the other way hit some leather bars.

Anyway, I'm working the West Coast shift at the office today, and currently I'm swanning about my apartment in a flowing, chiffon dressing gown while clutching a mug of hot, herbal tea. I'm sure you understand, that's not something that a guy can just stop doing when he really gets going.

So I'll post for reals later when I get to work.

For now, though, here's some Australian men singing a song that doesn't make a lot of sense, but is guaranteed to get lodged in your head like the catchiest piece of shrapnel thrown from the exploding Atom Bomb of Music:

11 Comments:

Blogger lioux said...

That is one TALENTED baby on the keyboard!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I unfortunately love this song and have mentioned that before only to be mocked. How can it not put one in a good mood????

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

How could anyone not love this song? It doesn't contain any angst, political message or confusing lyrics. Its just good old fashioned pop.

9:45 AM  
Blogger stew said...

fun fact: I made out with that men without hats guy once. I remember next to nothing about it. He had a bottle of wine. I think we were going to go somewhere together and give someone the bottle of wine and we didn't. The end.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Lioux... That baby? El Boring Boringson's kid.

Midwesterner... It's a great song, dude. Shame no more.

Jeff... Word. Good ol' fashioned pop is sorely lacking on the radio these days.

Pigeon... That's a hell of a story. You should sell it to VH1.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Did you steal my brain?

I posted this exact same vid on 4.11.07 [!].

7:00 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Stealing your brain? No. Your kidneys? Yes.

No, I saw this song the other day on a VH1 "One-Hit Wonders" special. Been stuck in my head ever since.

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not as good as the Safety Dance song they did.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

VH1 is evil. It is the National Enquirer of Pop Culture.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eyh. Canadian, guys. Canadian. Men AT WORK were Australian, Men Without Hats came from Montreal, Quebeck. Tsk tsk.
(Both groups now known as "Men without jobs".)

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wanted to see the movie that they should have made with the story behind the songs on the album. Jenny and Johnny making it big... Would have been great!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home