Thursday, May 24, 2007

Conversations In Motion

In a fast car…

Sincere, Tough-Hearted Woman: You see, my old man’s got a problem. He live with the bottle, that’s the way it is. He says his body’s too old for working; I say his body’s too young to look like his.
Strong, Caring Man: That’s really depressing. But at least you’ve got a plan to get us out of here. What with you working at a convenience store and managing to save a little bit of money and all.

On a downtown train…

Gruff Alcoholic: I know your window and I know it’s late. I know your stairs and your doorway; I walk down your street and past your gate.
Pretty Young Woman: I have mace.

In a suicide machine sprung from a cage on Highway 9…

Just A Scared And Lonely Rider: The Highway’s jammed with broken heroes on a last-chance power drive.
All-American Girl: I told you we should have left earlier.
Just A Scared And Lonely Rider: This town rips the bones from your back-
All-American Girl: Jesus, enough with that. Can we pull over a get a soda or something?

In a little red corvette…

Tiny, Oversexed Minnesotan: But it was Saturday night; I guess that makes it all right. And U say, baby, have u got enough gas.
Darlin’ Nikki: You’re aware that I’m not talking about your car, right?
Tiny, Oversexed Minnesotan: Really? Because I thought-
Darlin’ Nikki: Talking about your penis.
Tiny, Oversexed Minnesotan: Oh…. OH…. The stuff about the horses makes so much more sense now.

On a midnight train to Georgia…

Gladys Knight: He kept dreamin’… that one day, he’d be a star. But he sure found out the hard way that dreams… don’t always come true.
Pips (all together): Do you want us to make the train noises now.
Gladys Knight: No… later. It’ll be more poignant when I talk about how I’d rather live in his world than live without him in mine.
Pips (all together): If you say so.

14 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

I enjoy popular music!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Finally! Someone who enjoys music that is popular! Oh happy day!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Irish and Jew said...

loved this!

-J

10:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love any post that refrences "The Boss". Of course this might be the first, but I will take it.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Jew... Thank ya kindly, ma'am.

Midwesterner... Tramps like us, baby, we were born to... blog? Ugh. No. Forget I said anything.

11:05 AM  
Blogger lioux said...

Popular music is awesome.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(all together): TOTALLY!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Couldn't all music be defined as popular? After all, even polka music is popular among certain groups of people.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like unpopular music. Unpopular such that its only fans are dwarves and Doug Henning in spandex. And you have to go to an outdoor fair to hear it, and the portapotties are all broken.

ok, who am I kidding, I can't outfunny you. You da funniest. The pips. LOL. ROFL. LLLOSDSKLJKLFDJKLSKLLKLLLL.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh it finally chose to unsave my stupid uneditable id. It's me, pigeon. So great, I can finally make a new editable name for myself. I will be back as soon as I can think of a properly humorous alias, and also if these fucking clients would stop expecting me to do fucking work for a fucking living. I mean, fuck!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Jeff... Yes, but those people are scary.

Anonymous Pigeon 1... Yeah, nothing trumps a good Pips joke.

Anonmyous Pigeon 2... Be sure to properly identify yourself when you're re-named. Also, you said "fuck" like four times. You're BAAAAD!!!!

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're frickin' right I am.

- tafkap not that p the other p

4:03 PM  
Blogger quin browne said...

i laughed and some rice went on my laptop screen.

what have i turned into since i moved here?

6:51 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Metal Midget - A superstar, but he didn't get far.

Popular music reminds me of this short film they made fun of on MST3K.

These two kids wanted to get married, and when the preacher asked what they had in common, they said, 'popular song.'

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home