Sunday, March 04, 2007

I'm An Old Man

Last night, I fell asleep at 9:30.

I'm sorry, let me say that again with the appropriate levels of shock and horror... Last night, I fell asleep at 9:30!!! Seriously. Not cool. Now, in my defense, my early departure time to the Land of Nod might have had something to do with the large, dense Mexican meal I ate last night and, further more, it might have had even more to do with the margarita that I drank along with it. Well, some would call it a margarita; I'd just call it a pint glass full of tequila and leave it at that.

Side Note: If you're in the New York area and a craving for enchiladas strikes, seek out a restaurant in the West Village called Mary Ann's. They serve real, actual, non-East-Coast-bastardized Mexican food that made this born and raised Texan feel like he was eating a taco in San Antonio. And the margarita's... as I implied... watch your back. It's like having your head beat in with a lime-flavored cinder block. But wonderfully so.

Anyway, so... I fell asleep at 9:30 last night. What the fuck? Unless anyone's got any better ideas, I'm going to start comparison shopping nursing homes and begin the long process of finding myself the perfect "old guy hat." I'm thinking something in corduroy.

9 Comments:

Blogger Irish and Jew said...

Love love love mary ann's (there is also one on the UES). I was skeptical at first like "how then this place be good its called mary ann's" but it was a amazing and the prices are kick ass as well!

~Irish

10:28 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

I know, right? I've been bemoaning the lack of good Mexican food in New York for going on five years now. How pissed am I that no one's pointed me in Mary Ann's direction until now? Very pissed, would be the answer.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Mary Ann's is decent, but no match for Benny's here in Denver. Yum.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Tracy Kaufman said...

Hey, I fall asleep at 9:30 on a pretty regular basis - it's how I get my 10 hours of sleep per night! Last night I was down for the count by 9:00. Makes it easier to wake up early for work!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Yeah, it's just that I was the up-at-4am guy for YEARS. Feels like I'm entering new territory.

12:25 PM  
Blogger blythe said...

mary ann's. good to know for when i make my triumphant (only to me) return. that was the worst part about living in ny/ma/boston. shitty, shitty excuses for "mexican" food.

and now, i am about to embark on an authentic meal of cheese covered goodness myself. there are some benefits to living in the sooner state.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

...So jealous...

(That you're about to eat Mexican food, not that you live in Oklahoma)

6:27 PM  
Blogger emily said...

thanks for the insider tip on Mary Ann's. I'm going to check it out. But not til after I get back from Austin, where I'll be having the REAL DEAL in just two weeks! Texas, Texas, Yeehaw!

:)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Rub it in, why dontcha? If you're going to Trudy's, I'll cry. Real, no-foolin' tears, man.

God I miss that place.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home