Sunday, February 11, 2007

Dark Ages

Wanted to give you kids a heads up: Things are going to be a bit slow around ZFS!, through Monday.

Our cable has gone out, taking with it the internet, leaving us stranded in an apartment with nothing but a DVD player, some books and our own ability to create pleasent conversation. Girlfriend is handling the situation just fine, of course; I, on the other hand, am climbing the walls. I've got cabin fever so bad, it's making our neighbors restless. The problem is, not only are we sans cable and internet, but we're also broke; can't go to the movies or anything like that. And, yes, I know that there's a ton of free stuff to do in NYC. Well, it's also really cold outside so, fnyeh.

What's worse, my weekend is going to be even longer because I have to stay home on Monday to wait for the repairman. Bleh. Seriously, I don't know how people in prison do it. My brain would melt.

Anyway... oh, for the curious: I'm writing this on my beat-to-shit laptop that's boosting someone in the area's wireless signal and running a version of Netscape so old that I occasionally have to get out and push. It's real fun; like traveling back in time to 1993. I'm going to try to score some Nirvana t-shirts while I'm here.

Right, so it's going to be kind of slow around here. Which was my point, originally. I'll try to keep you guys posted as events transpire and/or my madness develops.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

While you're in 1993, you can visit a two-year-old me. I'll try not to barf on you.

2:50 PM  
Blogger C.R. III said...

Jesus, I feel old. In 1993, I was in college. Though the previous commenter and I would have something in common--if you were to visit me then, I'd try not to barf on you, either.

Sorry to hear about the technical difficulties, though you shouldn't lament the extra-long weekend--that's really a good excuse for not being able to come into work on a Monday. Better than explosive 'rhea (my old standby).

6:23 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

As a professional computer nerd, I just want you to know, this made me fall off the couch laughing: "a version of Netscape so old that I occasionally have to get out and push."

Nicely done, hombre.

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While you're back there I'd appreciate it if you'd grab me a Crystal Pepsi and kick the Spin Doctors in the balls.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Crimsonking... Sorry, I'll be much too busy kicking my thirteen-year-old self in the ass for not studying hard in school and for being overly concerned with trying to touch boobs. Actually, there's probably nothing I can do about the last part, seeing as how that's still a major concern for me.

C.R. III... Having the "Squirts" will always be the best excuse for missing work for the simple fact that NOBODY will question you about. Expecially if start bringing up the words "explosive" and "permenant stains" in conversation.

Joel... Glad I can make a computer nerd smile every now and again.

J... Check and check. I'm also going to get some discount Hammer pants and an autographed poster of Reality Bites, should anyone want to start the bidding.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one who loved Crystal Pepsi. That was some good stuff. What with all the retro everything nowadays (jesus, I sound old), they should bring back Crystal Pepsi. Although I guess they'd have to give it a new hipper spacier name, something futuristic. Like iPepsi or something.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home