Monday, January 15, 2007

1141 Pages Later...



Mountains crumbled and reformed, the Presidency changed hands twice, the human race developed and lost a vestigial tail, a new continent sprang up from the ocean (it's a lot like Asia except that everyone speaks Dutch), wearing a monocle went in and out of fashion in the rap community, The US threatened to drop the bomb on the Middle East, the Middle East said, "yeah, but we've got oil," the US said, "Oh, never mind. Can we have some oil?" The Gap Band proclaimed, "You dropped a bomb on me!" but no one listened, and a bunch of other crap happened too from the time I started reading Stephen King's "The Stand" until last night, when I finished it.

Because "The Stand" is the longest friggin' book ever in the history of big-ass books. But I read every last word.* I am awesome.


*This is an accomplishment because I have the attention span of a four year-old child who's just eaten a box of Pixie Sticks and also has a head injury.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am daunted by Stephen King's long ass works like The Stand and the Dark Tower series. I like reading big books but I just feel like those won't be a good return value on my initial investment.

Also...the cover? Wtf? I thought it was a modern tale of a virus killing everyone...not some Tolkien rip off.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I highly recomend reading the dark tower series.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

The Stand is actually not anything like Tolkien; the cover is more an artist's representation of the battle between good and evil and doesn't have anything specific to do with the actual content of the book. I do, actually, despite it's length, recommend The Stand. It's a great story, really involving, and damn creepy.

The Dark Tower series... eh... tried to read it. Was bored.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Dark Tower rox so many sox it's unbelievable!

Besides that, The Stand was too long, I looked at it, said "No way in hell imma finish that" and shoved it back on my mom's bookshelf full of Stephen King.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home