Thursday, November 30, 2006

So Tired

Sorry about the lack of quality posts today. Though, I suppose, an argument could be made that I've never made a quality post on here since I started. Your own defenition of quality shall be your guide on that one. Anyway, I only got about two and a half hours of sleep last night and I'm currently trying to stay busy enough to where I don't notice that I'm so tired, my heart's stopped beating and I'm now functioning entirely on the caffinee from the 9,734 cups of coffee I've had since 9am.

As a hat-in-hand gesture of apology that secretly couches a plea for forgiveness, here's a picture of a fruit basket and another of Tom Waits:

Fruit Basket



Tom Waits



If you reflect upon the fruited bounty of the former, and then upon the grizzled, drunken mug of the latter, you just might find a citrus-y, gravelly-voiced kind of inner peace.

Or maybe not. Goddamn I'm tired.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...apples..grapes, pears...and a pineapple? This will do. *snatches fruitbaskey and wolfs down everything uunder a desk*

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Tom Waits and his music.

But sometimes his so deep and gravelly voice sound so forced it's quite funny. Like the faces he was making on The Daily Show when he performed.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

crimsonking... That was supposed to be for everybody!!! Great, now Tom Waits is sad!

Chris... I saw him on the Daily Show too and I don't disagree with you. That seems to be a more recent thing in his career; scouring YouTube, you find a bunch of clips of him from his younger days and he wasn't anywhere near as spazzy. Eh, but it's all good... he's still the drunkard's entertainer of choice.

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found a bootleg copy of Frank's Wild Years concert a while back and he was pretty spazz-tastic. Especially during Telephone Call from Istanbul. Maybe it just looks sillier now that he's older. So much for not growing up.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Thanks, but I'm allergic to pineapple.

Wansn't Tom Waits in 'Mystery Men', or am I high?

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home