Monday, October 09, 2006

The Mighty Mets... Ignored?

Oh, don't give me that look. I know... I know that I didn't post this weekend and I know that, consequently, you spent the last couple of days teary-eyed, frightened, hitting the refresh button in the hopes that new content would spring forth to soothe you like the Balm of Gilead. Well, what can I say... there was a lot of baseball on this weekend. Also, I'm lazy.

But all is well now because Mama's here. Every little thing gonna be all right.

Speaking of Baseball... so I guess the complete and utter collapse of the Yankees in the post-season is going to be a yearly thing. Fantastic! That will be fun to watch. What really pisses me off about the whole situation is that the media here in New York is still giving the Yankee's more coverage than the Mets and the Mets are friggin' advancing in the playoffs!!! Case in point: I picked up a copy of the Daily News yesterday, specifically for the sports section, and was dismayed to find that there were 6 articles about the Yankee's untimely demise, while only 3 articles about the Mets sweeping the Dodgers. Maybe it's just me, and I know the Yankee's are King Shit of Fuck Mountain around here, but shouldn't we maybe focus a little more of our attention on the team that ACTUALLY won?

Make's sense to me, but what do I know. I'm just a Texan and we've never had a good baseball team.

Anyway, it's going to be a slow-ass day here at work, so more later, for reals.

Worry not.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey buddy..... what do you mean we've never had a good baseball team? We've got the Ran.... oh wait... touche salesman, touche.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Hey, maybe with Showalter getting the boot, we'll get a manager that can do something with a teamfull of actual and potential All-Stars.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home