Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Old Man and the Booze

Was trying to find an image online that would accurately convey the way I feel this morning after having spent the better part of last night drinking with friends. The best that I could come up with was this:



While there may not technically be a rampaging monkey destroying cities within my brain and guts, it certaintly feels like it. To that end, when the hell did I get so old that a night of drinking (moderately; it's not like I was doing keg stands or anything) turns me into such a pathetic wreck? I'm only 26 for crap's sake!!! Not five years ago, I could have consumed exactly the same amout of alcohol and, the next morning, been perky enough to run a couple miles around the track. Were I the type to ever run around a track, of course. Which I'm not. But I digress.

This is very disturbing. I don't like feeling old and I don't like feeling the after-effects of alcohol this strongly. Meh. Stupid age and booze. So cranky right now...

Going to go sit on my stoop and scowl at happy people. When I can open my eyes in daylight without weeping, of course.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Daddy said...

Wait to you hit 30. I dig your site.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home