Monday, September 25, 2006

"Lazy Line Painter Jane" by Belle & Sebastian

Super-busy at work today. Wanted to post a Belle & Sebastian video because they're a very Monday morning sort of band, but then I remembered that all of their video's kinda suck. So, digging around on YouTube, I managed found some great live stuff and I think that makes up for it. Anyway, this is a video of them singing "Lazy Line Painter Jane." This is probably my favorite song of theirs, not to mention one of my favorite songs of all time. I'm totally a sucker for duets. Anyway, this is some pretty interesting concert footage for a couple of reasons. One, it's shot, it appears, on 16mm, which is a pain in the ass to shoot with normally, much less when trying to capture live concert footage. And two, whatever concert this is, it's where hipsters and hippies converge into one smelly mass of groovy irony. Enjoy:

4 Comments:

Blogger Clinton said...

Oh no worries. It's a much healthier way of sharing music than grabbing people by the shirt and screaming, "Hey listen to this totally awesome band!" Like I used to do.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy Kaufman said...

That song is one of their best! I love Monica Queen's vocals so much that awhile back I started researching her like crazy, but her own solo songs weren't so great.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

I too was pretty underwhelmed with Monica Queen's solo stuff. I guess just because you've got a kick-ass voice, doesn't mean you should be the lead singer.

Boy did I find that out the hard way.

Stupid Backstreet Boys.

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"boo to the business world,
you know a girl who's tax free on her back and making plenty cash
but you are working for the joy of giving"

may be my faveourite lyrics ever

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home