Saturday, September 23, 2006

Things Of Interest

(Yawns)

Mornin'.

Sorry I don't have breakfast cooked just yet, but if you'd like to sit a spell, we can chat while the coffee boils and the eggs fry up real nice. Of course, you won't be able to drink any of my coffee or eat any of my eggs because food doesn't transmit over the internet. Also, I'm not really brewing any coffee or frying any eggs, so even if you could transmit food over the internet, I wouldn't really have anything to send your way. Basically, this was all a sham and, for that, I'm sorry. However, since I've got you here already, there are some bits o' business that I wanted to take care of... good things, nothing to worry about, no one's getting fired (well, maybe Darrell's getting fired; he's been stealing pens).

So, without further dilly-dallying:

Three Things of Interest (To Me):

1. So, I got some good news the other day, but I've kept it under my hat until I was sure we'd gotten all the details ironed out. About a year and a half ago, I wrote short play about two people who meet at a wedding and discover that they had a history together way back in their junior high days. It was a silly little dialouge-based short play and, because I am a creative genius, I named it "Junior High." Anyway, it was put on at the TSI Playhouse in Manhattan and was very well recieved if I do say so myself. Cut to last Saturday... I get a phone call informing me that the TSI Playhouse has selected "Junior High" to be a part of their 10th Annual NYC Playwrights Festival. They gave me the opportunity to direct it again and I accepted, so now we're puttin' on a show! The only weak thing is that the show is in a bowel-loosening three weeks and we've only, just last night, gotten the cast confirmed. So... yikes! Crazy rehearsal time starts Monday. Anyway, the show's going to be on October 11th and 12th; more info later, for anyone in the area who feels like gettin' their theater on.

2. November is, apparently, National Novel Writing Month. In keeping with this, some enterprising souls have started a contest where participants will, in the course of one month (November; yeesh, try to keep up) write an entire 50,000 word novel. You can get more info here: http://www.nanowrimo.org/. Because I like a challenge, I've decided to take on this Herculean task myself, armed only with my wits, a bottle of whiskey and the goadings of my friend Braden, who got me into this mess, even though I'm not supposed to be here today and it's my last shift before retirement. Braden, actually, is the driving force behind our attempts at this seemingly-impossible goal and, because he's cool like that, he's started a new blog that he and I will use to track our progress. It's this: http://wrimo2006.blogspot.com/. I'll be posting there too as time draws ever-nearer to the starting line and if you go there now, he's got a rather well-written explaination of the whole affair plus an adorable picture of a monkey.

3. I actually don't have a third thing of interest but all good things come in threes so, to that end, here's a picture of an adorable badger:

2 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

Damn!! I wish I was in New York. I would be like "Where's the Zombie Fights Shark guy?" and they'd be like "Whaaaa?!" and now I'm done talking like a junior high kid.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

S'okay... I still use the word "dude" all the time, much to the chagrin of everyone that's forced to spend time with me.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home