Monday, August 21, 2006

Young Nerds and Aerobic Instructors

Ah, Monday... even better, a Monday taken on with only about four hours of sleep propping me up. Going to be a long, coffee-heavy day and it's going to take all of my fortitude to see it through to the end.

Fortunantly, starting things off, we have a video of a woman farting during an aerobics routine. Video clips such as this, for me, work better than a chugged Red Bull and a package of Reese's Pieces:

http://www.hedonistica.com/media.php?path=/videos/aerobics-fart.wmv

Hm... fantastic.

Anyway... oh, this was awesome: I saw this morning on the subway platform the real-life incarnations of Rod and Todd Flanders. These kids... I swear... they've got a lifetime of beatings at the hands of pretty much anyone who need to feel superior including toddlers and quadriplegics but, for the moment, they appeared to be happy. Let me see if I can paint you a picture here... they were probably about 8 and 10 years old respectively, skinny as all hell, both intensely blond with bowl haircuts, and they were wearing matching outfits of hiked-up blue jean shorts and dark green Polo shirts that were buttoned to the throat. Let that intense amount of dorkatude sink in.

Now... the kicker...

They were skipping in a circle, singing a jaunty tune. What tune I cannot say; they appeared to be German or somesuch, as their father (I assume) was curtly ordering them to "Schnell!" and was fairly dying of embarrassment that these two sissy-boys were the fruit what sprang from his loins (the father, incidentally, looked like the front-gate guard at Dauchau, but so do all German men).

Anyway, the two kids frolicked and capered and the Dad steamed and tried to look like he was reading a map and not at all related to them whatsoever. It was quite a scene.

So that was my morning. Oh, and for the second time in the last week, my train got held at the station due to someone needing the cryptic "medical assistance, " or so says the conductor on the intercom. I think there must be something about me getting on trains that's making people have heart attacks.

I'm going to go ahead and assume it's my devastating handsomeness until I have evidence to prove otherwise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

Maybe maybe those two kids scraped their knees and had to be taken to the hospital. Now all you need to do is see a real life Flanders...

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home