Friday, January 01, 2010

Mission Statement

I have to be at work in about twenty minutes, but I did want to take half a second to wish everybody out there... all seven of my readers, the lonely spam robots, and the misguided Googlers who got to ZFS! by searching "fat pooping ABBA fans"... a truly happy new year.

2009 has been, for the most part, a long wallow in personal unhappiness; a cataloging of everything that has gone wrong, constantly, to the point where I kind of want to time travel back to the first of last year and start kicking my ass straight through until this weekend.

2010 is going to be different. It's not going to be an easy year, by any stretch... I'll be taking more hours at school than I have yet tackled, I'll still be working full time, and as we get closer to the loaded gun that is August 6th... the day I turn 30... my internal psyche will probably get moodier and more morose than a just-fired Hot Topic employee.

HOWEVER... the theme for 2010 is "Stay Positive, Motherfucker." I'll tattoo it on my fucking forehead if I have to.

How that all plays out, plus so much more, is all ahead for ZFS! This blog isn't going anywhere. Fuck that.

The new era of ZFS! starts now. Hang on to your dicks.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still check ZFS all the time my man. Hang in there and keep writing when you can. How about "It Came From China Town: Texas Edition"?

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Ela said...

Glad to hear you are sticking around... granted... I don't have a dick to hang on to... shit...

11:43 PM  
Blogger Yeah, Its me said...

Ya know, 30 aint that bad, truly. I freaked out about it for a year before, then it got here, and I was like, hey, I don't give a fuck! Now I am out of my angsty, slutty, drug binge, no self esteem, no money, worrying, vagabond-ish 20's. I do feel your pain though, C, but seriously, 30's are good. I'm almost three years in and I'm still here.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Jake... There's no interesting food here, though. Just lots of BBQ. And while I certainly have no problems eating that, the posts would just be a lot of grunts and moans, and they'd all end with me taking a nap covered in sauce.

Ela... It's perfectly acceptable to hang on to your vag. Or someone else's dick. Your choice.

Yeah, It's Me... Yeah, I know 30 will probably be totally whatever after the fact. It's just that whole build up, you know? The whole "my 20's are OVER" thing. I can't seem to shake it, and I know it's going to get worse as I get closer to the day.

Anyway. You say "angsty, slutty, drug binge, no self esteem, no money, worrying, vagabond-ish" like it's a bad thing? That to me is the mark of someone who knows how to have this thing that so many people are incapable of having... it's called "a good time."

12:41 PM  
Blogger Yeah, Its me said...

I am the QUEEN of "good times"! Yay!

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Ela said...

Clearly that is the way to start off the year right... but does one just cup someone's dick? It could get messy and knowing my luck, he would be taken, and I am so not interesting in chick fight... girls pull hair and there is a ton of scratching involved. Therefore, the best bet... is to hang on to the vag... although I am sure I will have a ton of explaining when my photo changes to me now striking a MJ pose....

2:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't quit blogging. I'm personally taking on your 2010 theme as a mantra. I shall be chanting it on a regular basis when I feel like I'm failing even more than I already am.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Bill From Gainesville said...

Consider my dick as being held onto...

10:24 PM  
Blogger kate & daniel said...

i, for one, have my enormous cock in my hand. woo hoo! (glad you're back...but not as glad as my husband is...)

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home