Monday, February 02, 2009

!!! I AM EMPLOYED !!!

Details are still pending, but it's looking like I finally... FINALLY... have a brand spankin' new, full time job. It's exciting... and a little scary. This new position is going to be A LOT of work, and it going to require a lot from me. I'll get more into it later (after I figure it all out my own self), but basically I'm being asked to step in as an assistant manager at a small, family-run restaurant so the owner can stop working 90hr weeks.

In this shitty economic climate, this is a huge opportunity. I know I certainly talked a big game in securing this position; I just hope I can back it up.

NOTE: C-dog just shit himself.

Anyway, all of that is for the future. Until I actually start... in about a week or so... I'll let that master of words, Mr. Ice Cube, explain to you how I'm feeling right about now.

Today was a good day, kiddos. Today was a good day.

14 Comments:

Blogger Bill From Gainesville said...

YAYYYY C DOG!!!!!

1:25 PM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

Great news! Now you can send me that $1,000 you owe me. Oh? That wasn't you? Rats. It was worth a try. Get ready. Restaurant work is hard, hard, hard.

1:54 PM  
Blogger LSL said...

Huge congrats! You can do it!

2:21 PM  
Blogger lacochran said...

Woot!

You know, as long as it doesn't interfere with the blog.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Clinton, congrats on finding the new gig! Keep up the snark, tho...

Pax, SA

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can do it! obama said so!

congrats, kiddo.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Hex said...

Awesome news, bro! Knock 'em dead!

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man congrats on the job!!

Good Luck!!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Liöüx said...

Awesome!!! Congratulations!

Just remember to wash your hands before you start next week. I think you're legally bound now, what with all the hanging signs and being an employee and everything.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Thanks, everybody, for the congrats! I'm still not %100 sure what all this job is going to require of me, so I'm going to hold off posting any more about it... and about the future of this blog... until I have my facts straight.

Just know that I love you all and I truly appreciate your support.

Y'all my dogs.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does the job include free meals?! If so it's a real win win for you.

Congrats! It's nice to hear of someone getting hired these days.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Jack Burden said...

I've been content to lurk for a while, but I had to say: WAY 2 GO!
Sorry, I was too lazy to spell "to". Oh crap I just did it three times explaining why I didn't do it. Anyway, congrats, I'll have 15 or 20 beers in your honor tonight.

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooooooooo!
Congratulations, cousin!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!! Congrats!

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home