Thursday, February 07, 2008

Six-Word Memoirs

NOTE: The editors of SMITH magazing have released a book that consists entirely of random people, both famous and non-famous, who have written six-word memoirs... in other words, they've attempted to distill their lives into just six words. Because I'm always eager to jump on someone else's idea and ride it like a thoroughbred, here are my...

Six-Word Memoirs, or, "C-dog, Abbreviated"

-Handsome and funny, but somewhat unsettling.

-Too fat? Nope, just fat enough.

-Woke up on other people's lawns.

-Likes musical theater; isn't gay, ladies!

-A good writer. Well, not terrible.

-Enjoyed buffalo wings more than you.

-Wasted much of his life. Whiskey!

-Moved away from Texas. Misses it.

-Happy. Or happy-ish. Good enough. Mostly.

-Above all else, a dancing machine!

How about you kids? What's your life look like all parsed down and such? Hit me in the comments with your best shot. If you feel like it. You lazy bastards.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Dutchess of Kickball said...

No plan lead me to nothing.
Sarcasm and vodka, a winning combination.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Sally Tomato said...

Witty and erudite? Not so much.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Hex said...

"I am the god of sandwiches" is 6 words -- glaring omission?

As for mine, I'm going with
Once told, "Her best sex ever."

Honestly, if I ever land a job worthy of a business card, that's going on there.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most excellent. My 6 word memoir is actually featured in that book. I had submitted two:

"I still secretly read wedding magazines" was the one they chose to feature. The other one was: "scribbling life on an inky page."

9:37 PM  
Blogger Irish and Jew said...

-Brainwashed Catholic who loves premarital sex

-Loves Guinness in the morning, yum

-Ways to my heart: steak, potatoes

-Fiesty redhead with curls that kill

-Tried to make Jew Love Jesus

K thanks that was fun!
I could do this all day :)

~Irish

10:15 PM  
Blogger DrunkBrunch said...

This is fun! You all are so creative. I'll give it a shot:

"Excelled at snark, drinking and lovin'."

"Sassy and smart, had big heart."

"Happy to have once had love."

"Always talked about her big wits."

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home