Thursday, October 26, 2006

"Chips Ahoy!" by The Hold Steady

Not enough people write songs about blatant, rampant drug abuse anymore and I think that's a shame. Which is not to say that I advocate blatant, rampant drug abuse, of course... I just think it makes great song-lyric fodder. Take a listen to Warren Zevon's "Carmelita," The Velvet Underground's "Heroin," or pretty much every song Iggy Pop had anything to do with if you doubt me. Anyway, because I'm chronically a year or two behind current musical trends, I've just in the last week discovered the band The Hold Steady, who, it seems, sing about nothing but getting high on various narcotics. Nice to see a band really put forth the effort in committing to a theme.

So, that's basically a long-winded, name-dropping way of introducing their latest video:



Easily the best video to date that features 70's telecasters, Zorro and lascivious pool boys in a sleazy motel setting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home