Friday, October 13, 2006

80's Music is How I Say "Sorry"

Okay, to make up for my embarrasingly nerdy "I wanna be a Spaceman" post from earlier, I've dug deep into the depths of YouTube and unearthed some really sweet 80's videos for a couple of unhearlded songs that don't deserve that distinction.

First up is INXS with "Beautiful Girl," which, I know is technically from 1992. However, your Mom! Ha!!! In your face!!! Anyway, this is a gorgeous song with a kinda-gross video about eating disorders and women being tormented by measuring tape and primary colors:



Next, we've got what is actually one of my favorite songs of all time, "Together in Electric Dreams" by Human League. This apparently was the music video made for a movie called, unsuprisingly, Together in Electric Dreams and clips from said film play throughout. But ignore that; just listen to the song. It rocks:



Now, excuse me, I'm going to put on my leg warmers and thing about how dreamy Simon LeBon is while I open and close my Trapper Keeper in my room decorated with posters of Ricky Schroeder.

Or go back to work, whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home