Monday, April 02, 2007

Opening Day Results - Pt. 2

Ha ha... heh... well, it looks like somebody (and I'm not saying who) got a little over-excited about the results of last night's ballgame. I'm sure that alcohol wasn't involved though, so put that thought out of your mind immediately; the fact that said mystery person can't, technically, remember writing the boastful, taunting post in question is merely a coincidence.

So... yes... baseball is back! Finally! After the long, dry spell that is basketball season, we've once again been welcomed into the warm, loving embrace of America's pastime and, I'll tell ya, it feels just spectacular.

The Mets looked great last night; Glavine pitched a strong game, the bats were hot, our relief and closing pitching wasn't horrible. All in all, a solid outing. Can't wait for my tickets to get here so I can check out the games in person and, of course, start the all-spring-and-summer-long Nathan's hot dog binge.

Good times, good times...

Anyway, more later.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

"Nathan's hot dog binge." Will you be entering the Nathan's hot dog eating challenge? You could be the one to win the title back for America.

http://www.nathansfamous.com/nathans/news/htmls/whats_new_main.php

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My baseball weenie has been at full attention since Spring Training. My Rangers are opening tonight in LA but come back Friday for the home opener against the Red Sox. I have tickets 6 rows behind the Ranger dugout.

Nothing says Good Friday like no work, beer, and day baseball!!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Jeff... Even though I'm a big fat guy who loves to eat, I think I'd actually be terrible at the whole competitive eating thing. I'd probably be able to get down 6 or 7, then I'd just want to go take a nap.

Scott... "Baseball weenie"... heh... Awesome about your seats. Jealous, me. Shea Stadium's nice, but I miss the Ballpark. Do you know who's pitching for the Sox at the Home Opener? Dice-k, perhaps?

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No... unfortunately I get to watch Robinson Tejeda vs. Timmy Wakefield. Hopefully it wont be too windy so that knuckler wont be dancing too much.

10:28 AM  
Blogger d said...

i'm gonna totally forget that you uttered the words, 'dryspell' and 'basketball' in the same sentence.

now begins the long boringness that is the baseball season. almost nothing's worse, except for golf maybe.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Yeah, eh... I just never got into basketball. I think it had a lot to do with me growing up in the D/FW area during the time that the Mavericks were consistantly the worst team in the NBA. Nobody cared, so neither did I.

Although, you could argue that I also grew up with Texas Rangers, who haven't ever really been that good either.

Hm... anyway, Baseball rules!!!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home