Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Texas Style?

This is not exactly at the North end of the relevency scale but, nonetheless...

Why does "Texas style" equal "with mustard and Jalapenos?" Is there a specific reason; some cultural nuance that I'm missing here? I, myself, am from Texas and am not ever, except for a few special occasions, slathered in yellow mustard and dotted with sliced, pickled jalapenos. And when I am, it's for reasons that have nothing to do with my Texan heritage.

It's the same sort of pigeonholing that has forever equated California style with avacados, Asian style with manderain oranges and almonds, and New Jersey style with rat feces and a general sense of hopelessness.

Anyway, my point is, "Screw You, Burger King!!!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Braden said...

I always thought "Texas Style" meant "with great annoyance."

Here's another interpretation.

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those of us with a little breeding- in or otherwise- know that "Texas style" means the higher the hairdo; the higher the hair do fall into your burger. And imagine my surprise when I found this site favorited on both computers an a faint whiff of Cheez Its on my keyboard!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home