Monday, August 07, 2006

The Final Birthday Post

I promise this will be the last post on the subject of my birthday. If I again post on the subject of my birthday, all you readers are fully allowed to report me to the FCC for inappropriate content which will, I believe, result in the fire-bombing of my apartment building. They've really stepped up the penalties since we all saw Janet Jackson's boob.

Anyhoo, the day I've been somewhat dreading has officially passed. I am now 26. I can't believe that it's been ten years since that fresh-faced lad finally, finally, got his drivers license, so excited that he could take his girl to the movies with out his mom having to drive them (sooooo lame!). Funny how time slips away, to quothe the immortal bard Joe Tex...

No! This post is not going to turn into a Big Chill-esque dry hump of misty watercolored memories and poor me whining. Sorry for even starting to amble down that road. Meh.

So... yesterday was the actual day and, because we'd already had the big party and whooped it up sufficiently, I opted to take the event at a more leisurely pace. Em and I went out for delicious burgers at Paul's in the East Village (if you live in NYC and haven't eaten at Paul's, you're committing a mortal sin). We went to see The Descent, which was fucking awesome; if you only see one movie about an all-female group of spelunkers who get attacked by humanoid monsters, please let it be this one. We wandered around the city for a bit as it was a nice day. We came home and a fried chicken and watched TV while drinking pre-made Pina Colodas.

In short... it was exactly the birthday I wanted.

Thanks be to everyone whose made this last week so full of me-love. I've had a blast. And, of course, extra-special, heaping handfuls of love and thanks to Emily for making me feel simuatiously like the most important guy in NYC and also significantly less old. You're the best and you know it.

Okay, no more about birthdays, no more about getting old.

I promise it's only snarky comments about music and making fun of people who've hurt themselves on video from here on out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

Awww. That's what I want to happen when I turn 26. Except the part about seeing the descent, because I want to see that, like, next week. And hopefully when I turn 26 there will be other movies out.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home